Saturday, November 22, 2008

How Crazy — YUI

Some more Japanese to English lyrics. I'm a huge Yui fan, she's probably my favourite Japanese artist and so you can expect to see a lot more of her lyrics appearing on this site in the very near future. This song is How Crazy, a bit of a teenage angst anthem (as so many of Yui's songs seem to be). The fast, almost rap-like bridge is a cool and interesting touch to a great song.


Special thanks to YouTube user donte800 for the video!

Song: How Crazy
Artist: YUI

VERSE 1
冷たいギターをケースに押し込む
Tsumetai gitā wo kēsu ni oshikomu
I put the cold guitar into its case,

人通りはまだ多いけど 今日の気分はここまで Getting all right
Hitodōri wa mada ōi kedo kyō no kibun wa koko made GETTING ALL RIGHT
though the street is still busy with people.
Today was a little better

尊敬できない大人のアドバイス
Sonkei dekinai otona no adobaisu
Some adult gives me some worthless advice

アタシはあなたみたいにはなりたくないと思った
atashi wa anata mitai ni wa naritakunai to omotta
"I hope I don’t turn out like you" I think.

PRECHORUS 1
汚れたジーンズで乗り込んでいる
Yogoreta jīnzu de norikondeiru
The girl in dirty jeans boarding the subway,

地下鉄の窓 映っている自分
Chikatetsu no mado utsutteiru jibun
reflected in the window of the train,

変わってなんかない あの頃のまま
Kawatte nanka nai ano koro no mama
hasn’t really changed since those days

お金なんて ちょっとあればいいのよ
Okane nante chotto areba ī no yo
You don't need to be rich to be happy

CHORUS
How Crazy わかったようにアタシのこと話すのはやめてよ
HOW CRAZY wakatta yō ni atashi no koto hanasu no wa yamete yo
How crazy
Stop talking about me as if you understand me

How Crazy 深い海に沈んでゆく船から逃げてきたの
HOW CRAZY fukai umi ni shizundeyuku fune kara nigetekita no
How crazy
I've left your sinking ship behind.

夢にlove love love いつも
Yume ni LOVE LOVE LOVE itsumo
My dreams are nothing but love, love, love

純情じゃいられない How Crazy
Junjō ja irarenai HOW CRAZY
I shouldn’t be so naïve
How crazy

VERSE 2
駅前通り 地上へ続いている階段は
Ekimaedōri chijō e tsuzuiteiru kaidan wa
The dark steps up onto the station road

いつも暗くて不安だ
Itsu mo kurakute fuan da
always make me uneasy

夕暮れのコンビニの駐車場
Yūgure no conbini no chūshajō
In the twilight parking lot of the convenience store,

明日を知らない子供が小さくアタシに手を振っている
Asu wo shiranai kodomo ga chīsaku atashi ni te wo futteriru
A kid waves shyly at me, his life a blank canvas

知恵をつけなさい 将来負けないように
Chie wo tsukenasai shōrai makenai yō ni
You’ve gotta keep your wits about you
Or the future will trip you up

説得したいのに うまく話せない
Settoku shitai no ni umaku hanasenai
I want to make this kid understand
But the words won’t come

そんなんじゃダメ 納得もできない
Sonnan ja dame naitoku mo dekinai
It’s useless — he’ll never get it.

Oh神様 ちょっと不公平だって思うよ
OH kamisama chotto fukōhei datte omō yo
Oh god, this is so unfair

CHORUS

BRIDGE
努力を続けた学生だって 結果にならなきゃ 家族はきっと 悲しむ
Doryoku wo tsuzuketa gakusei datte kekka ni naranakya kazoku wa kitto kanashimu
Try hard, be a good student, get results or you’ll disappoint your family

世渡り上手が うまくはいっても そんなの尊敬できない人生 um Baby
Yowatari jōzu ga umaku wa ittemo sonna no sonkei dekinai jinsei UM BABY
I have no respect for this ‘live to work’ mentality oh baby

矛盾ばっかな感情を いったい いつまで抱えて生きてゆくのでしょう?
Mujun bakkana kanjō wo ittai itsu made kakaete ikite yuku no deshō?
How the hell am I supposed to carry on surrounded by all these contradictory feelings?

CHORUS

VERSE 3
冷たいギター もう一度そっと
Tsumetai gitā mō ichido sotto
I softly take the cold guitar once more

抱きかかえて一人で
Dakikakaete hitori de
Clutch it to my chest alone

あの頃みたいに歌った
Ano koro mitai ni utatta
And sing a song like I used to

No comments: